Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Home At Last

After one whole year, I'm finally back in HK. It's a wonderful feeling to be back. :) Thank God for keeping me safe on my trip home.



Thank You for KC and Tung who sent me off to Changi yesterday morning. It brings back memories of a few years back when Juowi, Kevin, Ronney and Roy sent me off to Changi at the end of the year. It's been long since we last kept in touch, and just Kevin recently after meeting up at the class barbecue.


Thanksgiving Night.

I finally left Oldham. It's been three years since I moved in at Sec 4. At OH, I've grown up a lot, and for that, I'll really miss OH, for the friends, and for the HM/AHMs.


My fellow Purple House leaders: Ruiann and Chienwen; one of my successors: Arvelia. Purple House FTW!

My journey with God began there. Amazing it is, for He planned for me to know and draw near to Him. I used to think that moving into a boarding school was stupid, so I did not like it at all in the first year. But it was there that I learned to accept others and live with people from different backgrounds.


Thanksgiving Night.

It was there that my life direction changed as well. I have never thought of ever living for God in the past. I used to be very lost, simply doing my own thing in my own room with no clear direction of my future. Now, I'm saved. Now, I have a better idea of what I'm going to do with my life. Praise be to God!


08S04 after class photo-taking.

My two years in NJC will also come to an end. Life wouldn't have been bearable without my class, 08S04; my geography class, 2ge2A; and my hockey team.


Graduation Night.


2GE2A.


Hockey mates at Expression.

Thinking back, there are a few things that I regret, both in commission and omission. Then again, it is through my actions and decisions, and other events that allow me to learn from and improve upon. Philippians 3:13-14 says,
But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
And I will look at what is ahead of me.

The next two years of NS and the years after that in university and work will be unknown. Father, I just ask that you shine your light in my path.

matthew.
After-thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment