10 days in BMT is relatively short as compared to the entire BMT duration of 9 weeks, and to the full 1 year and 10 months of NS.
It has been tough, it's just gonna get tougher, but I'm not gonna let it get me. Be it physical training or mental endurance, I will hope in the Lord and He will renew my strength. I will soar on wings like eagles; I will run and not grow weary; I will walk and not be faint.
The greatest challenge is probably making friends and establishing rapport. I know it when people don't want to approach me, but I ignore it. I'm gonna keep pushing. I'm gonna let people know that no matter how harsh things are, there is no need for a blame game, no need for frustration, no need for self-centredness. We are a team, and that's what we're gonna to stick together as. One for all, and all for one.
Ultimately, it's about the attitude. A positive attitude will bring you to greater heights. A negative attitude will give you more crap. I know of some who think this is all a waste of time and a lot of BS. If we think about it carefully, the country is investing money on us: all our army equipment, our accommodation, our food, our DELL laptops (as part of a 3G tech-savvy generation). And in the end, they ask for our loyalty to defend the country that provided the safe environment for us to live the past 18 years of our lives. Take a look at war-torn nations, failed states and disaster-struck countries; then you compare with what we have. We shouldn't take it for granted.
All of us have different personalities and characters, shaped by our family background, upbringing, environment and experience. When others appear to be different, you shouldn't criticize them for doing things differently. If people are slower at doing things right, you are in no position to blame them even if they get everyone into trouble. Forgive them, because you yourself made and still make mistakes.
It's been a challenge to me and my faith. I need to conscientiously remind myself not to judge others too quickly, and to be slow to anger and speak.
matthew.
Love thy neighbour as yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment