Saturday, September 11, 2010

Books

I loved reading since I was a kid.

There was the HP series, and before that, there were the Horrible Science and Horrible Goegraphy series. Along and in between, there were a couple of fantasy-based and fiction books that I think are at some paper recycling plant somewhere.

My dad loves to read too. It's probably hereditary.

He reads to relieve the stresses from a day's work. He happens to like sci-fiction and fantasy too.

I thought about it. I read fantasy, but I love family fiction. The Memory Keeper's Daughter is captivating me right now.

So, why do I read?

To relieve my stress? Apparently so, and something more: it's an escapism.

I let myself submerge into and explore the fictional world that is not mine. So fascinating, so surreal, so alluring. As I'm drawn into the whirlwind of events that unfold, I can feel each character's emotions. I can feel the love, the anger, the joy, the emptiness...

Then someone wakes me up. Something jolts me out of the world. And I don't remember where I am.

Oh how I love books.

matthew.
Walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment