Recently, I started reading this book called I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris.
A few friends found out, and were clearly turned off by the title. Just as what Joshua said in the introduction of the book, "some people never get past the title".
As cliched as it may sound, never judge a book by its cover. I've read until the middle of the book now, and I agree a lot to the principles that has been mentioned.
"Dating" isn't really the whole point. The principles were not about how to date or who to date or whatever. They were Godly principles that helped me better understand what God wants and His intentions for us when a man and a woman come together as one.
One main thing I've taken away so far is how I can best use my singlehood to honour God. I pray that I am not distracted or tempted, but that I can just focus on Him and only Him.
I want to start on a clean slate. I need to start on a clean slate. Because that's what He wants.
No comments:
Post a Comment