Saturday, February 12, 2011

Of Jungles, Sea, and Light

A week of outfield + S'pore Biathlon + Photoshoot = Tired to the max.

As tiring as we all are, especially the other specialists who did everything with the troopers (kudos to you guys!), I believe there are several takeaways from the section field camp that has just past.

First, things happen so that we can find better ways to do things and improve ourselves as well. This was my main takeaway. Many problems surfaced, which caused a lot of stress to us on the ground level. It has been a fruitful learning experience, though. Feedback should always be welcome and encouraged. :)

Second, always rationalise. Don't do things for the sake of doing things. Don't blindly follow instructions. Use your brain.

Third, No amount of complaining or frustration will improve a desperate situation. Find the solution.

How about this morning's biathlon? Unfortunately, due to the lack of rest from the night before, I woke up late. Then, I didn't eat breakfast. Worse, I didn't warm up properly before the swim or the run, resulting in a lot of aches NOW.

Even though it can be said to be a good experience, I don't think I'd ever do a biathlon again. Or perhaps, when circumstances are not as dire as this weekend.

Rushing back home after the biathlon, I had to prepare for my photoshoot for SUTD's advertising campaign, which is scheduled to be ready by the end of the month. :O I volunteered, but I only had 1 hour to prepare for it when I got home.

Thank God, things went smoothly, although I almost fell asleep simply waiting for my face to be touched up. I thoroughly enjoyed the shoot, and am really glad to have known a few other students who came for the shoot. I think I like photoshoots.

Time to chill-laxative and give in to the Z-monster.

Thank You, Jesus, for the jungles, the sea and the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment