"We are human BEINGS, not human DOINGS."
As I read Day 22 of The Purpose Driven Life, I felt I lacked in many things. I love the above statement. Indeed, God is far more interested in and concerned about what we are than what we do.
Here are my 3 takeaways from Rick Warren's 3 pointers.
#1: We must cooperate with the Holy Spirit's work.
"Move ahead in your weakness, doing the right thing in spite of yours fears and feelings."
This is perhaps the most difficult thing to do right now. Recognising my inabilities, I tend to be hesitant to take a leap of faith. Father, grant me faith the size of a mustard seed!
#2: God uses his Word, people, and circumstances to mould us.
"Spiritual maturity is not a solitary, individual pursuit! You cannot grow to Christlikeness in isolation."
Indeed, "let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." (Hebrews 10:25) Only through relationships can we grow!
#3: Becoming like Christ is a long, slow process of growth.
"You are a work in progress."
"You must make a counter-culture decision to focus on becoming more like Jesus."
Easier said than done! Nevertheless, Jesus, help me base my decisions on Your Word, and involve You in every decision, thought and action!
No comments:
Post a Comment