Monday, July 11, 2011

A Ride: Post-Reflection

A couple of days ago I blogged about my eventful ride. On hindsight, I think there are other lessons to take away other than those mentioned.

I'm just thankful to God that He didn't let me die so early, so young. The wounds that I ended up with are reminders, not only of future safety precautions, but also of His provision of life.

Psalm 139:13-16 says,
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

With the amount of thought and effort God put into creating us, we ought to treasure our lives and make sure we honour Him in every way possible.

All the more because of this accident, I pray that I do not forget that I was made for His pleasure, for His family, to become like Christ, to serve Him, and for missions. (The Purpose-Driven Life)

No comments:

Post a Comment