Saturday, September 3, 2011

All About You

You works in all sorts of wonderful and mysterious ways.

Leading up to yesterday's cell group session on Myths about Boundaries, I struggled internally about a couple of issues that made the week challenging and uncomfortable.

I struggled especially with anger and frustration towards my peers in camp. This stemmed from my own expectations of my peers and my inability to respect their boundaries. You have shown me that I should confront my peers respectively if I truly felt that things were not right. I should not take my pent-up anger on my fellow PSes, which only goes to show how little responsibility I am taking. Outwardly I seem to be taking responsibility, but inwardly I realised I'm merely shirking it and pushing it to other people.

Should I confront my peers eventually, I should do it peaceably, for You love the peacemakers.

In my anger, I pray that I do not sin.

And I remembered Psalms 139:23-24 where David wrote:
Search me, O Lord, and know my heart.
Test me, and know my anxious thoughts.

See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

You know my heart and my thoughts, for Your ways are higher than my ways, Your thoughts higher than mine. You have searched and tested me, revealing to me how terrible a person I am now. Yet, thank You, for You have drawn me back to You.

As Meiwen shared Proverbs 3:5-6 before the session, I acknowledged that I need to trust in You with all my heart and not lean not on my own understanding. Help me to rely on Your wisdom and strength, Lord!

I'm glad that Your Presence was with us last evening during our sharing and discussion, and I hope You've touched each and everyone one of us individually.

Thank You for the preparation process for this session with my sister, Audrey, who has been a great teacher and friend. Working on this session, I have learned and gained much from the thinking and synthesising process. All these revelations and wisdom come from no other, but You, who are Lord of all! Let me not forget that all of these come from You alone and You are highly exalted and worthy of all our praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment