We spent 2 days and 1 night at Bintan: fruitful and relaxing, albeit being rushed.
Indeed, thank You for blessing us with good fellowship. Although we didn't manage to 'talk' much as I wanted, we did have some great time chilling out. Thank You for the wonderful weather. There wasn't much sun on the first day (and with plenty on the second), but things still fell into place. In Your time, Dad.
Being the first trip that I've ever ventured out with only my friends, Bintan was an adventure, not in the water sports or jungle trekking sense, but it was simply something different from what we were used to: having our parents plan out everything for us. This time, it was wholly up to us, and the autonomy and freedom felt great.
Looking back, Bintan offered a world different from the hustle and bustle of Singapore. The resort made me forget everything I have back home. I was there to chill, and everything felt so good, so relaxed, so surreal. Then it struck me: I don't want to live my life like that.
The thought surprised me.
Sitting at the restaurant just by the beach where we were having a late lunch, we were just talking casually. Our conversation revealed our desires, such as to have financial stability and to live a life of comfort. It was overwhelmingly tempting. It seemed like a life I wanted, to chill and relax for the rest of my life without worries. Yet, out of the blue, my thoughts drifted, revealing a still image of some kids in some sort of slum somewhere. I simply asked myself, "What am I doing here?"
There are many people out there who are far less fortunate than we are. It felt as if I shouldn't be there. I sensed a tinge of guilt somewhere in me.
There is much to be thankful for. Praise You for the wonders of Your creation, from the beaches facing the expanse of the ocean, to the lush greenery sloping down the hills. You are amazing, Father. However, as I venture forth into the world aligned with You, help me to embrace Your love for me as Your beloved son.
No comments:
Post a Comment