Saturday, March 19, 2011

Forerunners 3

Cell yesterday helped me to understand more what it was about. After joining for a couple of months, last night truly gave me a better understanding of Forerunners 3.

VISION: Matthew 5:16
"Let our light SHINE BEFORE MEN, that they may see our good deeds and praise our Father in Heaven."

This really challenges me personally. While "letting our light shine before men" is a duty to all Christians, I believe God has placed me in a position that I'm under quite a fair bit of scrutiny in the things I do. It is an uphill task to honour God and remember to base my decisions by Him.

This week, in particular, has been a rough journey with God. From a heart of fire for God, I took a sudden plunge to neutrality and uncertainty. I would say deja vu because it has happened before, though not with the same circumstances, and I was labelled by my friends as being especially "emo".

With a waning passion and discipline, I am losing my perseverance. Lacking faith, I am becoming indecisive, skeptical and unwilling to take on new tasks.

But "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:37-39)

Once again, draw me closer to You, Lord.



Jesus Christ, I think upon Your sacrifice
You became nothing, poured out to death
Many times I've wondered at Your gift of life
And I'm in that place once again
I'm in that place once again

And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You
Once again I pour out my life

Now You are exalted to the highest place
King of the heavens, where one day I'll bow
But for now, I marvel at Your saving grace
And I'm full of praise once again
I'm full of praise once again

Thank You for the cross
Thank You for the cross
Thank You for the cross, my Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment