Ephesians 5:1-2 says,
Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
This verse spoke a lot to me this week, especially because of the way I reacted to events that had happened in camp. More often than not, I have been easily angered and impatient with my peers. None of my actions reflected God's love.
God, forgive me.
Yes, I know I am forgiven. But may I practise what I preach, and not commit the same mistakes again.
As Christians, we are called to be perfect. We may be imperfect, but no one said that we would be perfect by being Christians. What is special about us Christians is that we choose to continue to seek that perfection that is in Christ.
In this sense, non-believers have this common misconception about Christians, thinking that by being Christians, we MUST be perfect and all-holy. No, we aren't.
BUT. We try to be. We make that effort to be perfect. After making mistakes and committing sins, we know that by repenting, we are forgiven. We are then called to make the radical, courageous decision to change our ways and become a better person for God.
Having been there, having done that, I know it isn't easy. It shouldn't be anyway. James 1:2-4 says,
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Romans 5:3-5 says,
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
No comments:
Post a Comment