Perhaps this week passed too quickly. But, thank God for times of refreshing when I managed to spend some quiet time in the evenings. Thank God also for Your sustenance and providence through our training, rehearsals, parade, and exercise. Help us to continue to see You in times when things are not the most positive.
Through talks and sharing by various individuals, I am reminded of the importance of understanding. Through explanation and elaboration of events, ideals and values, people receiving instructions and thereby executing them will be able to see the 'bigger picture', motivating them to accomplish their tasks.
Alas, no one is perfect. But it is through imperfection that we are called to imitate Christ.
During cell group meeting last night, when SC talked about spiritual gifts, I thought it was helpful for us to identify with our own gifting that You have blessed us with. The next step would definitely be to glorify You, developing these gifts to their fullest potential. Help my unbelief, will my lack of motivation and rid my laziness!
After a late night of preparation and research, I've made it to a heritage tour organised by Professor Yeo Kang Shua from SUTD, called the Explorations of Colonial Singapore. Students could volunteer and then research on one of the sites/structures mentioned below:
1. St Andrew’s Cathedral
2. City Hall
3. Old Supreme Court
4. Padang
5. Tan Kim Seng Fountain, Cenotaph & Lim Bo Seng Memorial
6. Anderson Bridge & Cavenagh Bridge
7. Victoria Concert Hall and Theatre
8. Empress Place Building (Asian Civilisations Museum)
9. Fullerton Building (Fullerton Hotel)
Thank You, God, for the good weather, for the time of interaction and learning! I researched on the Old Supreme Court. It would have been more wholesome if I researched on the City Hall and the Padang as well, though.
Through this session, I learned more about the historic background of these various landmarks in our CBD area. I can better appreciate these buildings for their significance in shaping our nationhood.
I leave my future course in Your hands, Father, for You have plans for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me, to give me HOPE and a FUTURE.
No comments:
Post a Comment