Tuesday, July 26, 2011

(Not) Settling Down

Interesting how the past two days have been.

Honestly, I haven't been quite used to the workload after too long a break/rest/holiday. Spending long hours in the office has led to throbbing headaches and tired eyes. But I'll have to adapt and get used to the 'tempo' and environment. Considering my injury, my abilities are rather limited.

Tomorrow's my scheduled medical appointment with the specialist at NUH, which will determine the outcome of my fractured tailbone.

While keeping myself in prayer, I think this experience has also allowed me to empathise with my troopers who are on long-term medical status. With this, I have the opportunity to talk to them more often these few days over meals. As I have begun to hear more from them, I believe God is trying to tell me something, or urging me to act upon these recurring issues.

My heart's been getting restless, not only over them, but also over my peers and my superiors. More often than not, I get frustrated at how things don't seem to go the way they should, and how we and others need to think differently.

However, on hindsight, instead of focusing on what others have not done or done wrongly, difficult situations should prompt us to think: what can I do to effect some sort of change within my control?

It's challenging. Given my absence, I still need to spend more time to grapple with things and zoom out to see the big picture. It's all a blur right now, with some random spots of clarity.

Fellowship with a couple of us in camp was fruitful, albeit ending late last night. I'm definitely heartened to hear their struggles and their lessons learned, because God has reminded me through them of His undeserving grace and mercy, of His unfailing provision, and of His overwhelming mystery.

With these encouraging times, I shall march on confidently, knowing that God has His plans, no matter what trying circumstances lay ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment