Friday, July 22, 2011

Oddities of HK Part II

Part II. :)

#1: HK has great innovative advertisements.

Here's a recent one that I really like.


Here's another from 2009. Bad example though.


#2: Recycling plays a integral role in people's lives.


It is successful in such a way that the government and the people have the resources and opportunity to do so. It has become a lifestyle.

However, there are arguments raised against the government for its failure to handle the trash after they have been sorted out. This delves deeper into a management issue that people seldom think of, especially when we superficially think that simply throwing our trash into specific bins is really 'green' and 'Earth-saving'.

#3: Supermarkets compare prices with wet markets.


It's pretty amazing, but just today, when I went to Wellcome with my mum, I saw this table comparing prices of vegetables, not only with other supermarkets, but even the wet markets. That is some thorough research done!

Cheers. Goodbye HK, hello Singapore. Soon back to a life in green.

No comments:

Post a Comment