Sunday, October 2, 2011

Blessing in Disguise

I'm part distraught, part amused by the turn of events since Friday till today.

On Friday, I was still very anxious and excited about all the events happening over this weekend, from the wedding gate-crash and the wedding ceremony, to the SUTD Open House and the Church Anniversary. My schedule was planned out neatly, with all preparations ready. I was so keen on having to meet the schedule, but God didn't think likewise.

I've been feeling tired, even before Samuel and Ivy's Wedding. Following the banquet in the evening, I didn't feel well, and got myself admitted to TTSH, all thanks to diarrhea, allergic reactions and probably the nasty combination of champagne and I-don't-know-what. Thank God for WW, Audrey, KC and Tung who were with me when I got admitted, and who stayed with me through the 3 agonising hours in TTSH under IV drip.

Back home resting today (with an MC for tomorrow), I wondered what God thought of my circumstance. Because of this saga, I find myself unable to go for the SUTD Open House, unable to take my first ride on the Circle Line Open House, unable to meet Brace for the FACT Camp Meeting, unable to go for the Church Anniversary Service and Dinner, and unable to report to camp to carry out whatever that needs to be done tomorrow.

That's a lot of things that didn't go according to plan, that is, my plan of course.

Perhaps God intended me to have some rest this weekend. And I did. I've been sleeping almost throughout the whole Sunday, besides waking up for lunch and to reply SMS.

And yes, it was definitely my fault for drinking the whole cup of champagne, thinking that I could take it. Apparently, I couldn't. My stomach is probably very weak too, because it really hurt last night. I felt like vomiting, but I couldn't. But I thank You, Lord, for this ordeal, for You reminded me to draw myself close to You, to appreciate the people around me who loves me so dearly, to trust You and Your strength and not my own.



Hail the day that Christ arose
Through the skies to worlds unknown
Glorious there He ever reigns
Object of all Heaven's praise

See Him lift His hands above
See the scars of His great love
He has conquered death and sin
Saving all who hope in Him

Hallelujah Hallelujah
The King of love is on His throne
Hallelujah Hallelujah
His grace will lead us safely home

Though He dwells beyond the stars
His redeemed are on His heart
Even now He intercedes
Jesus cares for all our needs


Hallelujah, we are redeemed
Hallelujah, Jesus is King

No comments:

Post a Comment