As part of the Advent series that we're doing at cell group, today Sheila facilitated "Waiting and Hoping" with reference to the birth of John the Baptist and the wait of his elderly parents, Zechariah and Elizabeth.
When we were discussing about discouraging situations, I thought of my company.
Simply looking back at the past sixteen months, I would say that the current situation is disappointing and discouraging. What pride we had in our accomplishments, in our competencies, in our punishments, in our camaraderie, in our company and unit as a whole has been all but lost.
I used to complain and make a big fuss over the management of the company, until I realised that it wouldn't change a thing. With prayers and enlightenment along the way, I decided to change my mindset a couple of weeks ago, to try something new and work on what I believe needs to be done to set things right.
I honestly thought I had moved past the disappointment and discouragement, knowing that God is in control and all things will be taken care of in His time. Yet, here I am, post-Deepavali, and facing the same disappointment and discouragement all over again. Square one.
So today's discussion got me thinking.
Even though there is this immense urge and temptation to complain about all the inefficiencies and problems that not only this company or unit but the whole organisation face, I will not and I choose not do so. It will be another waste of my time that will get me nowhere. All I can do right now is to continue doing what I need to do, not give it up, and wait upon the Lord to deliver this company.
I commit this company, this unit, this organisation and their future into Your hands, Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment