It felt good to visit SJI after today's re-exam (which didn't go too badly).
Even though there were new students (it's been 2 years), new teachers (10 plus according to Ms Koh), and new administration (under a new principal), I'm glad that when I go back to SJI, it still feels homely.
Norman and I were there, to (in his words) "oversee something". It was actually to see the competition team training for Leo. They are Sec3 now, which makes me feel really old. I think back, and I remember the times that I was in their positions, both cadet and NCO. It brings back fond memories of myself and Scorpio.
Thinking back, I used to be much of a problem for Scorpio, at least for my team. I made the most noise (constructive or not), complained the most, and had mood swings. Those teenage angsty years.
Looking at Leo, they remind me of Scorpio. Bryan reminds me of Ronney, Moses of Weijie, Guangjin of Juowi, and Kevin of Alwyn. Ian, though, doesn't remind me of myself much, but I see a little of me in him: the one who isn't willing to do stuff. Let's hope Leo bring back the glory of Scorpio.
The SJI-SJAB days were long gone, but they feel like they just happened yesterday. As I helped out with their training, it gives me pride and pleasure to be teaching my juniors what I've actually learned in the past, especially in first-aid.
I don't think I have the time to go back in the future, but I certainly hope that I have that chance again.
matthew.
It's time to think.
No comments:
Post a Comment